You hold a work visa and want to leave your job?

As you know, one of the main conditions of your visa, whether it be a subclass 457, 482 or 494 visa, is that you must remain working for your sponsoring employer and cannot work for anyone else while they are sponsoring you. In practice, this means that if you want to change jobs, you must find another employer to sponsor you on your work visa.

Once your employer notifies the DoHA (“Department of Home Affairs”) that you have ceased employment with them, you have a set period of time (between 60 and 90 days) to lodge a visa transfer application, also known as a position nomination application. Remember also, your new employer must undertake Labour Market Testing requirements which take 28 days minimum to complete. Therefore, it is important that you are very proactive in your job search and, as soon as possible, you start that job search process to ensure that you are able to remain in the country on your work visa.

If you have any questions about trying to find another job and your obligations, please contact us:

+61 (0) 429 133 911


#kiteunionmigration #visa #visaaustralia #visahelp⁠ #migration #migrationagentaustralia #migratetoaustralia #immigration #wecanhelp #australia #sydney #worthmigratingfor #workvisa #australianvisas #visagrant #australianimmigration