Employer Nomination Scheme: What is the difference between temporary transition and direct entry?

These are two pathways to permanent residence which require the support of an employer. The first pathway, Temporary Transition, refers to the transition from a temporary visa – subclass 482 – to permanent residence on the subclass 186 Visa. This pathway is an option if you have worked for your employer on a subclass 482 visa for two years in the same role and location. It is, if you like, a reward for the time you have put in on the temporary visa!

The second pathway, Direct Entry, is for people wishing to apply directly to permanent residence, hence “ direct” entry. The visa applicant can be holding a subclass 482 visa with the nominating employer or another employer. However, the requirements are different to those for the Temporary Transition pathway. For the Direct Entry pathway, the visa applicant must demonstrate that they have the skills required for that role by providing a positive skills assessment. They also are required to demonstrate at least three years of relevant work experience in the occupation being nominated for this visa.

Therefore, there are quite a few differences between the two pathways, and you may or may not be eligible for one or both of these pathways.

If you want to know which of these options you or your employee is eligible for, contact us:

☎+61 (0) 429 133 911


🌏 kulegal.com.au

#Australia visa #visaaustralia #visahelp⁠ #migration #migratetoaustralia #immigration #wecanhelp #australianvisas #visagrant #australianimmigration #visitaustralia #seeaustralia #kulegal